Saturday, February 19, 2011

Volleyball in Canada vs Volleyball in France

I am glad to say I've found a place to play volleyball during my stay in France. It's only a short drive from my host family's house. I haven't been to a practice yet, but do to the fact it's a quick drive from where I'm staying, my host mother, Linda, took me to the begininng of a practice to meet the coaches, get an idea of what a practice looked like and to meet some of the players. We arrived a bit early but immediately knew we were at the right destination, because there were players standing around outside, waiting for the gym to be opened. It wasn't until we got a bit closer to the huddle of teenagers that I notice one of them smoking. I then thought to myself, smoking? I guess that girl must be a friend or sibling of one of the players, how can you smoke before practice? But the closer we got the more people I noticed smoking. After we parked the car and got out I came to realize that the people smoking were the players and the fact was, most of the players were smoking. As people say, there's nothing like a little pre-practice smoke, but I think I'll pass.

2 comments:

  1. Yah, glad you're passing on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one thing you don't have to try one bite of. Funny post though.

    ReplyDelete